1.
How
do I plan to integrate lesson that will work with my students?
We
as the teachers have to be aware of the abilities of our students and their
attention spans (p. 29). I am returning
to college to become an elementary self-contained exceptional children’s
teacher and throughout is chapter I realize my lessons will be modified
compared to students in general education classroom. For my students, they will have more guidance
and direction. The students I have
worked with in the past would not be able to complete this style of lesson plan
independently. Many of the students I
work with are not able to read on their own.
The students could have technology included in the lessons, but I do not
felt that these students are not at to point understand the problem and find
the answer.
2.
Why
do I need objectives to help with my planning lesson development?
Objectives
define what will be covered within the lesson plan. Lesson plans without objectives do not have a
defined focus for the lesson. In
addition, if the plan does not have objectives how do you know that the students
understood and gained knowledge from the lesson. Objectives help teachers to develop the steps
for the lesson.
3.
How
can I encourage my students to engage in the processing of information?
The
chapter express a way to get the student involved in the processing the
information is through the Think Sheets.
These Think Sheets provide the students with guidance on the things they
should be thinking about find the answer.
The questions on the Think Sheet help them get an idea of what
information they should be looking for and how the analysis it. If I know what I should be doing and have sample
of what my outcome will be, I have a better understanding how to look at the
information. Students will not become
engaged it they are not sure what they doing,
4.
Do I
have to use a different lesson plan when I want students to use the computer?
I
do not think you need a completely new lesson plan. You just have to be willing to take the time
to rework the current lesson plan. The
NTeQ model is setup so that the teacher can make sure they have included all
needed items into the lesson plan. I
think if you are using the computer to do research on a question within the
lesson; it will result in having to do more reworking of the lesson plan. If you are just using the computer, as review
tool then I do not see a reason to change of alter the plan.
5.
What
is the relationship between objectives and computer functions?
The
relationship between objectives and computer functions involves matching a computer
function that will meet the objective that you have set in your lesson
plan. The teacher finds the process the
student needs to make the objective and then selects computer functions that
could be used within the process.
6.
Can
you use a computer for every objective or lesson?
It
is not reasonable to think that you can reach every objective by using the
computer (p. 29). The model even
includes a session called supporting activities. These are activities have are not directly
connected to the computer. Supportive
activities are linked to the objectives and can include research that does not
involve the computer like books, surveys, and observations. Student can use the time away from the
computer to review information they have found, organize, and plan the next
steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment