Monday, July 23, 2012

Chapter Twelve Reflection


1.    What can I do to “get ready” for a lesson in which my students use computers?
Step-by-step Plan
1)    Select lesson objective
2)    Create general online of plan
3)    Select technology to assist and supplement lesson
4)    Assure that you have completed parts of the NTeQ including additional activities before and after using the computer
5)    Reserve computer and lab space if needed
6)    Contact technology department if needed
7)    Complete need setup for the software or program being used
8)    Instruct student how to use the software
9)    Implement lesson plan

2.    Where does the “computer part” come when I am teaching a lesson?
The “computer part” of the lesson plan would come in this order:
1)    Set objectives
2)    Set problem to be solved
3)    Decide computer function that will be used in lesson
4)    Activities before computer use
5)    Explain computer usage and important information
6)    Use computer
7)    Research
8)    Activities after computer
9)    Analysis data
10) Additional activities
11) Result presentation
12) Assessment
3.    How do I ensure equal access for all students with only three computers?
I like the idea of having rotation station in my classroom even if a computer is not being used.  As an EC teacher in a self-contained classroom, I think that it would be great to have groups of three, and have one group on the computer, during a small group session with another and independent work with the other three.  This could also be done in a large classroom just include most stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment